At Spectrum Dermatology of Seattle, our priority is you, our patients! With our combined 30+ years of experience and newest cutting-edge technologies, we offer safe and effective laser treatments for a wide range of clinical conditions. Because we customize each patient’s treatment plan, we highly recommend you schedule a consultation appointment with either Dr Alison Young or Dr Paula Zook, to determine the best treatment regimen prior to scheduling your laser appointments. Call today!
A Laser is a device that generates an intense beam of coherent monochromatic light, by stimulated emission of photons from excited atoms or molecules. Based on its color, the specific wavelength of light is preferentially absorbed by the target tissue being treated, called the chromophore, thereby effectively destroying the target cells, with minimal absorption and damage of the surrounding normal skin. This is a concept known as selective photothermolysis.
Lutronic’s LaseMD™ is a Thulium laser which rejuvenates and renews the appearance of skin through a gentle non-ablative fractional process, while reducing recovery time and discomfort. The LaseMD treatment process can be customized to meet the needs of all skin types and works effectively to treat the following conditions:
- Actinic Keratosis
- Photodamage on Face, Neck and Decollete
- Benign Pigmented Lesions, including Lentigines and Ephelides
The LaseMD system also incorporates a Cosmeceutical Delivery System (CDS), where specially formulated serums are applied directly to the temporarily disrupted dermal barrier during the treatment process, maximizing absorption for therapeutic purposes and to increase healing and recovery.
Learn more how the LaseMD system works in this video
The LaseMD is a perfect skin care maintenance option for people on-the-go who don’t have time for longer-term recovery. The LaseMD provides a perfect balance by minimizing downtime while achieving exceptional results.
Lutronic’s CLARITY™ is a dual wavelength, long pulsed 755nm Alexandrite and 1064nm Nd:YAG, multi-purpose laser device. With the choice of two wavelengths and built-in enhanced cooling device, we can balance and optimize the parameters, to treat a wide range of conditions, in a variety of skin types, with little or no discomfort and minimal downtime or recovery time (from no downtime to a week).
The full range of CLARITY™ applications include:
- Hair removal
- Pigmented lesions (brown spots, freckles and sun spots)
- Wrinkle reduction (skin rejuvenation)
- Facial veins and broken capillaries
- Leg veins
- Onychomycosis (fungal nail infection)
Lutronic’s SPECTRA™ is a dual pulsed, Q-switched 1064nm Nd:YAG laser, which is the most effective laser for treatment of pigmented lesions. By combining high energy and short pulsed width, it destroys target pigment efficiently with minimal collateral thermal damage in surrounding skin.The multiple treatment options offered by SPECTRA™ include:
- Epidermal nevi
- Tattoo removal
- Active acne
- Acne scars
- Non-ablative resurfacing
- Pigmented lesions (brown spots, freckles, sun spots)
- US Patented, carbon lotion Spectra Peel (“Hollywood Peel”)
The length and total number of treatment sessions recommended for each condition by each laser varies according to the medical condition being treated, your skin type and recurrence rate of the condition (which may, in turn, be dependent on other factors including hormonal changes, sun habits and lifestyle). You may benefit from concurrent medical treatment of the condition, for synergistic results. Hence, your laser treatment regimen is customized, based on our evaluation of your condition, your needs and desired result.
For laser treatment results to be optimal, sun avoidance, 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after treatment, is recommended. This is because increased melanin in the treated and surrounding skin, triggered by sun exposure, would compete with light absorption by the target tissue, and potentiate the risks of an unintentional burn and post inflammatory discoloration. Please review our pre- and post-care instructions for details.
Laser treatments are generally not covered under most medical insurance plans. The cost of each laser service varies. For more information about the cost of our laser services, please discuss with one of us or our staff members.
- Kilmer SL, et al. Treatment of Epidermal Pigmented Lesions With the Frequency-Doubled Q-Switched Nd-YAG Laser: A Controlled, Single-Impact, Dose-Response, Multicenter Trial. Arch Dermatol. 1994;130(12):1515-1519.
- Kuperman-Beade M, et al. Laser Removal of Tattoos. Am J Clini Dermatol. 2001;2(1):21-5.
- Goldberg DJ, et al. Laser skin resurfacing with the Q-switched Nd:YAG laser. Dermatol Surg. 1997 Oct;23(10): 903-6.
- Alster TS, et al. Long-Pulsed Nd:YAG Laser-Assisted Hair Removal in Pigmented Skin: A Clinical and Histological Evaluation. Arch Dermatol. 2001;137(7):885-889.
- Trelles, MA, et al. Long-Pulsed Nd-YAG laser for treatment of leg veins in 40 patients with assessments at 6 and 12 months. Lasers Surg Med. 2004;35(10):68-76.
- Winstanley D, et al. Treatment of benign pigmented lesions using a long-pulse alexandrite laser. J Drugs Dermatol. 2012 Nov;11(11):1327-30.
- Trafeli JP, et al. Use of a long-pulse alexandrite laser in the treatment of superficial pigmented lesions. Dermatol Surg. 2007 Dec;33(12):1477-82.
- Wall,TL. Current Concepts: Laser Treatment of Adult Vascular Lesions. Semin Plast Surg. 2007 Aug 21(3):147-158.